NEC Annual Golf Tournament
Monday, February 20, 2017
Maderas Golf Club
7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Enjoy beautiful southern California while networking with your fellow industry leaders at the National Ethanol Conference’s Annual Golf Tournament at Maderas Golf Club, a Johnny Miller masterpiece. Named to Golf Digest’s Top 100 Public Golf Courses in the U.S. for 2015-16, Maderas offers beauty and challenge as it winds through the cliffs, rock outcroppings and creeks of San Diego’s inland hill country. And you can’t beat this price for golf in San Diego!
- The golf tournament begins at 8:30 a.m. with a shotgun start.
- The format is four-person scramble.
- A complimentary continental breakfast will be available the morning of the tournament.
- Check-in at the course begins at 7:30 a.m. Complimentary Bloody Marys will be available at registration.
- Complimentary range balls will be available at the driving range before the start.
- Check the weather – layers may be needed. Golf attire is preferred, soft-spike golf shoes (sneakers are ok) and please no denim of any kind.
Million Dollar Hole-In-One Shootout:
- The shootout format will consist of the four closest to the hole winners on each par 3
- Each shootout participant will have the chance at a million dollar hole-in-one from 150 yards
Bus Transportation from the Hilton San Diego Bayfront:
- Buses will begin boarding at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront at 6:30 a.m. and depart promptly at 7:00 a.m.
- Buses will depart the course at 2:30 p.m. and return to the hotel by 3:30 p.m.
Following the conclusion of the golf tournament, a luncheon will be served at the club, where prizes will be awarded for the top three finishing teams, the most honest team, closest to the pin and longest drive.
Please contact Cassie Mullen with any pairings requests.
Driving Directions to the Course from the Hilton San Diego Bayfront:
- The course is located at 17750 Old Coach Rd, Poway, California 92064.
- Follow E Harbor Dr, 1st Ave and A St to CA-163 N/11th Ave/Cabrillo Fwy (1.9 mi)
- Follow CA-163 N and I-15 N to Rancho Bernardo Rd. Take exit 24 from I-15 N (22.8 mi)
- Continue on Rancho Bernardo Rd. Drive to Old Coach Rd in Poway (4.2 mi)
Cost: $175 per person (to include golf package, a dozen Titleist Pro-V1 golf balls, transportation, breakfast, Bloody Mary station and lunch)